Now Hiring Wastewater Treatment Plant Assistant Shift Operator
The City of Medicine Hat is seeking an individual with experience in Wastewater Treatment Operations and Maintenance. As the successful candidate, you will be part of the team responsible for operating a Class IV Wastewater Treatment facility, including daily maintenance, equipment repairs, as well as wastewater sampling and testing procedures as prescribed by Provincial regulations.
Our ideal candidate would be skilled in the operation and maintenance of plant equipment and possess a good working knowledge of laboratory procedures including sampling, testing, monitoring, interpreting results and recording data, including troubleshooting and taking corrective action. In addition, have a sound knowledge of health and safety regulations and policies.
- Possess a Grade 12 or high school equivalency diploma;
- A valid Alberta Wastewater Treatment Level I - II Certificate;
- Minimum two (2) years of related work experience in a Wastewater Treatment Plant;
- Two (2) years of direct responsible control experience is considered an asset;
- Possess a valid Class 3 Driver’s License with air brake endorsement and a satisfactory driver’s record;
- An equivalent combination of management approved training and experience may be considered.
This position has been identified as Safety Sensitive and requires the completion of a satisfactory pre-employment drug screen.
Our organization offers a highly attractive total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefits, learning & development opportunities as well as a great work environment which provides excellent opportunities for professional growth.
The City of Medicine Hat strives to achieve its vision to be a “Community of Choice”; a place where people choose to live, work and play.
The Medicine Hat advantage:
- Extensive Year-Round Recreational Facilities
- Low Housing Costs & Utility Rates & Taxes
- Flourishing Cultural Community
- Family Oriented Community
This posting will remain open until Wednesday, September 22, 2021.
For more information, and to apply, please visit us at: www.medicinehat.ca/jobs
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.