We have an opportunity for the right person who is interested in effectively coordinating the handling and storage of paper, digital and other media records throughout our organization. This Coordinator will develop and implement approved policies and procedures which deal with records access, retention and destruction.
The Records Management Coordinator is ‘hands-on’ and also takes a lead role to regularly update, mentor, train, and coach departmental staff who are responsible for the day-to-day creation, filing and maintenance of manual and electronic records. This key role researches, analyzes, and recommends operating policies and procedures for consistent application throughout the County.
Reporting to our Director, Corporate Services, the ideal candidate will have the following.
- Post-secondary education in a Business Administration Program or Records Management Program or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of privacy and security standards including FOIP legislation.
- 3-5 years of experience in records information management processes, preferably in the public sector.
- Extensive knowledge of current records information practices and industry standards.
- Working experience of municipal terminology and legislation.
- Library/archive experience.
- CRM (Certified Records Manager), IGP (Information Governance Professional), CIP (Certified Information Professional), or other RIM certification is preferred.
Please submit a résumé, cover letter, starting salary requirements to email@example.com prior to noon on October 13, 2021.
Due to COVID restrictions online applications are preferred.
Clearwater County thanks all individuals who express interest in this position; however, only those individuals selected for interview will be contacted.