The Communications Advisor is responsible for the implementation of internal and external communications strategies, under the direction of the Manager, to effectively promote the goals, objectives, and accomplishments of key initiatives undertaken throughout the County, to mitigate the impacts of potentially controversial issues as well as provide administrative support to the Manager as required.
- Assist in the provision of general information to the public through the County's website and other media, to keep ratepayers apprised of the events happening within the municipality and promote opportunities for them to participate and / or submit feedback to Council and employees.
- Draft media releases, as directed by the Manager.
- Monitor and report on media coverage as required, to assist managers and Council in understanding how the media portrays the County, to identify potential issues that might impact the County, and to mitigate instances where misinformation has been published.
- Enhance external and internal communications by assisting in the production and distribution of the County's publications. Assist in the co-ordination of written and photographic submissions from departments. Attend various internal and external meetings to maintain awareness of key initiatives or issues affecting the County.
- Research, analyze, plan, implement, and evaluate communication programs as directed by the Manager of Communication Services.
- Assist in the provision of information to employees to keep them apprised of inter-departmental events and promote opportunities for them to participate and/or submit feedback accordingly.
- Provide in-house document review, preparation, editing and re-writing, as required, to ensure consistent message / branding of County promotional and other materials.
- Collaborate with purchasing to ensure all branded merchandise meet brand and product standards.
- Provide technical assistance with consistent branding, to ensure the professional presentation of written documentation, advertising, and other promotional / marketing materials.
- Provide administrative support to include filing, copying etc.
- Act in a professional and responsible manner to protect the integrity of employees and the business of the County.
- Maintain awareness of the County's large-scale emergency response program, and be prepared to engage in all aspects of crisis and emergency communication if required.
- Display a professional and ethical responsibility to protect privacy, use information appropriately, and maintain the confidentiality and security of all information related to employees, business and residents of Rocky View County.
- Work in accordance with the requirements established by the RVC Health and Safety Program and the Alberta OHS Act, Regulation and Code.
- Take reasonable care to protect their health and safety and other persons at or in the vicinity of the worksite while they are working.
Completion of a 2 year Diploma/Certificate (in related field) in a related field along with a minimum three (3) years of progressively responsible and diversified experience.
- Knowledge of printing methods and standards an asset.
- Strong time management, prioritization, organizational and decision making ability.
- Superior customer service skills to both internal and external customers.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point).
Interested applicants are invited to apply direct to https://www.rockyview.ca/careers.
Applications are due by 10 pm MST on the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.